AUC Women in Pastoral Ministry Scholarship
The Australian Union Conference (AUC) has established a Women in Pastoral Ministry (WiPM) Scholarship Fund which seeks to provide financial assistance to female ministry and theology students enrolled at Avondale University & Mamarapha College. The scholarship has been established to affirm and encourage women to undertake theological training allowing them to be equipped for pastoral ministry in the local church.
A limited number of scholarships are available for up to 4 years of full-time equivalent study for the Bachelor of Ministry and Theology Degree (BMinTh), up to 4 years of study for the Advanced Diploma of Indigenous Pastoral Ministry (AdvDipIPM) and up to 2 years of full-time equivalent study for the Graduate Diploma of Ministry and Theology (GradDipMinTh) students. Applications can be made at any stage of their studies at Avondale University or Mamarapha College, however, scholarships will not be retrospectively applied to completed units. There will be a pro-rata reduction in funding if the student enrols in less than a full-time program of study. Successful applicants will be paired with a mentor who will meet with them (Via Zoom and/or in person) at least twice per year to support and encourage them in their preparation for pastoral ministry. We encourage applicants who meet the criteria below to complete the attached form.
The value of each scholarship is worth up to $14,000 for BMinTh, $7,000 for the GradDipMinTh and $4,000 for AdvDipIPM (as reviewed from time to time).
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident enrolled (or planning to enrol) in either the BMinTh, or GradDipMinTh at Avondale University or the AdvDipIPM at Mamarapha College. This scholarship may be held in conjunction with any other scholarship.
- Be a practicing, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, demonstrating a willingness to live in harmony with the beliefs, teachings, ethos and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Maintain full-time or part-time enrolment in one of the above listed ministerial courses at Avondale University or Mamarapha College.
- Have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress and competence in meeting ministerial placement requirements
- Demonstrate continuing commitment and calling to, and suitability for ministry.
- Continuance of the Scholarship is contingent upon passing all units. The Scholarship may be suspended for the semester following the failure of any unit, and then may be reinstated following the next semester in which all units are passed.
- The scholarship will be reviewed if the recipient fails to attend scheduled meetings with assigned mentor.
- The award of a Scholarship does not guarantee an offer of paid employment in pastoral ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church upon graduation.
- Applicants are required to complete the Application Form, along with a statement of their Ministry Philosophy (download the form here: AUC WiPM Scholarship Application form interactive) and submit it to AUC Ministerial Association by 31st January in the year of application.
- Applicants will subsequently participate in an interview facilitated by the AUC Ministerial Association.
- As part of the application process, the applicants will sign an agreement committing to work for at least 2 years in a paid pastoral capacity within the territory of the Australian Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (should such employment be offered). If on completion of studies the scholarship recipient declines an internship appointment, they will be required to reimburse the Australian Union Conference the total value of the scholarship
- The Administrative Committee of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Ltd will award scholarships based on recommendations from the AUC Ministerial Association at their discretion and as funding permits.
- Students will be informed of the outcome of their application by the AUC Ministerial Association by 28th February in the year of application.
- The value of the scholarship will be awarded to the successful applicants nominated bank account each semester.
- The decision of the Administrative Committee is final.
This scholarship is offered at the discretion of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Limited Board and may be reviewed from time to time.
Download the Application Form: AUC WiPM Scholarship Application form interactive