SQC Pastoral Families Retreat, Oct 22-24, 2021
Updated 07 October
We greatly appreciate the dedication and efforts of our Pastors and their families. This special weekend is a time for Pastoral team members, and Pastoral families to take a break together, to enjoy some quality time and reflection away from the many demands of ministry.
(While every effort is taken to ensure accuracy. the following may be subject to change, especially should current COVID restrictions be changed. Please carry your mobile phone with you during the weekend of Oct 22-22 to ensure that you receive any updates).
ARRIVAL FRIDAY 22nd OCT
There are 2 venues for accommodation this year. Please check the information you receive from Anita regarding which apartments you are staying at.
- OAKS SEAFORTH, 98-110 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headlands http://www.minorhotels.com/en/oaks/oaks-seaforth-resort
- OSPREY APARTMENTS, Cnr The Esplanade & Buderim Avenue, Mooloolaba QLD 4557 www.osprey.com.au
Friday October 22
• Plan to arrive after 2pm and settle in. You will receive a welcome pack at Reception on arrival which will contain important information, a breakfast pack, and an envelope for Saturday night’s meal. Please note that any in room / mini bar items etc is are your own expense.
*** PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR OWN DINNER FRIDAY NIGHT ***
Sabbath October 23
• Morning – Have Breakfast and worship together as a family in your rooms. Feel free to coordinate your morning with other pastoral families, and enjoy the sights and smells of the morning / beach!
• 11am Get ready to head out for lunch at Nambour SDA Church which is about 30mins drive from your accommodation.
• by 12pm leave for Nambour SDA Church, 77 Coes Creek Road, Nambour QLD 4560, Australia
• 12:30pm arrive for Lunch at Nambour SDA Church.
• 2pm Intergenerational Worship Service together. Feel free to bring your instrument and join in with the music team (sheet music lead sheets provided via email on request).
• 3:30pm conclude and return to accommodation/ beach
• 5pm onwards Wash up and get dressed for the evening if heading out
• 6-6:30pm Closing Sabbath together as families or on zoom led by CSD team (address as per our usual team zoom address)
• 6:45pm Head out for the night for dinner as a family or with other families by your arrangement (Use your envelope to help with dinner)
Sunday October 24
• Before 9am Have Breakfast in your rooms. Enjoy some quality time together as a family, then pack up for 10am checkout
• 10am Checkout and either relax at Venue pool or cross over to the Beach directly in front of OAKS – please use crossings at the lights (some may wish to head home at this point which is fine too).
• 10:15am Beach activities and sports/ relaxing on the beach
• 12:30pm Chip sandwiches for lunch on the beach! Leave for home afterward
To register you MUST Please complete this Registration form by 17th September 2021.
There is no charge to you for this weekend, however please be aware that if you register and then don’t attend (unless for a medical/family emergency) that you will be charged a $300 fee.
Please do not complete the registration if you are unsure of your plan to attend as this will only add confusion for the organising and catering. Thank you.