You may be looking for an outreach idea to undertake with a church community, small group, group of friends, leadership team, or even just yourself wanting where you can share your faith and the love of Jesus in a relevant way. Sometimes we don’t realise that it can be something so small that can have an eternal impact in our community. Here are some ideas that you can try to reach out to your community with the love of Jesus.
- Do a Freddo Frog (or sweet) blitz to businesses or houses in your area. Be sure to include a connect card.
- Undertake a back or front yard clean up for those who may be busy, have overgrown yards or are in need because of sickness or similar situations
- Be a part of Clean up Australia Day or clean litter in your area and streets. You might want to make up T-shirts that identify where you are from or what church you are from.
- Organise a toy appeal with staff or your group and give it to those in your community who maybe less privileged or give it to Adra, The Salvation Army or other charity…this is great to do around Christmas
- Organise a Tin Can Drive for your church food pantry or local food parcel distribution centre. Advertise and then collect on the day you stipulate.
- Sponsor an international child or village as a team or group
- Ask you nearest charity if there is a family in need and help them with food, clothing, furniture etc
- Do something special in your community for Mothers Day, Fathers Day,
- Impact your community on Thanks Giving Day, Easter or Christmas. Some ideas include lamingtons, flowers and lollies just about anything will work a treat!!
- Help your local school by painting buildings, cleaning the field, planting new trees or assist in funding something they might really need
- Do a soft drink give away or if you are a church community, do a bottled water give away and include a Biblical text on your connect card
- 10 Do something cool at a fair or market like free soft drinks, sweets or gift giveaways (people will get a huge surprise that something is free) You might do free Christmas Present wrapping at the local market or shopping centre and hand the present back with a connect card. If you are a small group, church community group or similar you might try a free prayers stall.
- Parking Meter Feed – Walk the streets and feed parking meters with spare or saved change.
- Toilet Cleaning…Yep getting your hands dirty can make a big difference, even better why not try it in a petrol station, The petrol station attendant(s) will love you…That’s after wondering who in this world would offer to clean their toilets! .
NOTE: Be sure to include connect cards with any outreach event you may do, this should include the name, address and phone number of you, your group or your church.
For assistance in regards to any of the ideas or for connect card samples please contact the Personal Ministries Department by calling (07) 3218 7777 or email email@example.com